ob·ses·sion; /əbˈseSHən/; an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.
The culmination of our last three years of work is here; this is the vector tangent to MTB and moto spheres. Drop that outside foot, turn your hips into the corner, dig those side knobs in hard...and twist that throttle.
Tangent has chosen Guerrilla Gravity to offer the ultimate trail slayin' machines. Tangent's obsession with trail performance means our motor unit integrates seamlessly into the drivetrain of modern enduro bikes. The same pedal driveline accepts 8kW of Tangent oomph with zero impact on pedaling performance, meaning your trail beast is the definition of dual sport. Modern enduro/DH bike handling meets tire spinning, wheelie pulling power allowing you to attack the trail with an array of MTB and moto skills that have been technically unavailable, until now.
- Frame: Guerrilla Gravity MegaTrail (650b) or Smash (29er)
- Weight: 41lbs w/ motor, 33lbs motor removed
- Max motor cadence: 400RPM
- Available crankset torque: 130ft-lbs
- Wheel torque/speeds (27.5" tire; 120A phase; 52V):
- 1st- 32t/48t 195ft-lbs; 22mph
- 2nd- 32t/42t 170ft-lbs; 26mph
- 3rd- 32t/32t 130ft-lbs; 33mph
- 4th- 32t/28t 113ft-lbs; 38mph
- 5th- 32t/24t 97ft-lbs; 44mph
- 6th- 32t/20t 81ft-lbs; 53mph
Hand built in Colorado, Guerrilla Gravity bikes are renowned for their quality, dependability and outstanding suspension performance. Tangent keeps the package nimble by correctly locating the 7lb engine just above and forward of the BB, placing the COG between your ankles and above the pedals for predictable handling at speed. Tangent's drive unit uses a standard 32t chainring to drive the derailleur, just as the frame designers intended.
Did we mention the motor unit is removable? Well, it is, allowing you to convert your trail beast back to is analog equivalent in 5 minutes using only a 4mm hex